- Always ask about any hidden fees that might come with a discount travel package, or with a honeymoon package, if you are paying for your trip. You might be saddled with a lot of fees and taxes if you are not careful, and it may make paying for your honeymoon all the more difficult when all is over and you have to return to real life.
- Don't forget the camera! This might be a last minute trip, but you will want to remember it.
- Be flexible. There's nothing that can ruin a honeymoon faster than an uptight husband or wife who gets all jittery when things don't go as planned. Remember, you're on this honeymoon at the last minute, and when things are never planned, things don't always go the way that you want them to. In other words, you need to be prepared and to expect the unexpected.
- Be patient. You may both get meltdowns once in a while, especially if you have to spend another cent on an outrageous meal, or if you have to suddenly spend more on your hotel or tours.
- If you need to splurge on something outrageous but romantic, such as a kayaking trip for two, or paragliding for two, or massages for two, or anything that will make your honeymoon all the more memorable, then by all means, splurge! You want to make your honeymoon fun and enjoyable, so don't hold back.
It doesn't always happen that you have the love of your life spending a great vacation with you!